The following are numerous small tidbits on stuff i've picked up while working on guns. Over time, more notes will be added.
- Mossberg Model 40/Ward's Westernfield Model 40 firing pins seem totally unavailable when you search online. This is due to a typo in an old catalogue. They are sold by Wisener's under part 42-21
- 0W-20 is a good, cheap alternative to gun oil. To make it even better, mix 1 Part Marvel Mystery Oil and 2 Parts 0W-20.
- To get out horribly seized up parts, Mix 1 part Acetone, 1 part Automatic Transmission Fluid, and 1 part Kroil to make the best penetrator you will ever use.
- Colt and FN BCGs as used by the US army are both cheap Microbest parkerized BCGs. The only difference is the stamp. Fight me.
- The cheapest, shittiest AR-15 lower from PSA and Anderson are better than the current lowers used in military contracts. Military contract lowers have insane amounts of flashing inside the trigger pocket, behind the grip, and in front of the magwell.